Monday, May 19, 2008

Quirks

I have been really trying the last few days, weeks to be more carefree regardless of the constant mess of my home. There are constant dog tracks on our floor, no matter how many times I may mop (or not). There are always fingerprints, paw prints on the back sliding door. Jack throws his food at the end of every meal, though with flare every time. Emma has piles in nearly every room of animals congregating discussing Narnia, battles, and other important matters.

Even though the messes remain, I have decided to sit more, enjoy them more, laugh more with them, craft more, chase them more. It's allowed me to open my eyes and appreciate each of my kids' unique quirks.

Emma loves to create things with her toys- piles, groups. She loves to decorate
our trees, hang her animals from our blind strings and is very proud of each creation. Jack is insistent on taking odd things to bed. For instance last night, he took to bed his hanger, one of his sandals, and a red barn. Will kicks with every muscle in his body quickly every time he gets excited. And Cooper (how can I leave him out?) runs rapidly in circles when he is happy (which brings Emma & Jack to giggles).

Each moment, each quirk is precious and once again my cup spills over as I ponder each little blessing.

2 comments:

Stef said...

Loved this post. I've been learning the same thing! I had to remind myself the other day, when I saw finger prints on the walls by the door... someday I'm going to miss those desperately. I'll wish my babies could come back and leave little signs of their cute bodies around the house. :)

See you tomorrow! and yes... I'll try to come early for coffee :)

Angela Stevens said...

Thanks for posting on my blog again. I have finally gotten a chance to read more of your blog How similar your life seems to be to mine - minus the one kid, but I do have two extra dogs to help make my house a frenzy of excitement. Your children sound delightful and surprisingly like mine. I believe that all the creating craziness and quirks mean they are truly talented and gifted children!
Angela Stevens