
What I wish for my kids is that each of them would grow up to love & serve our Lord. If I succeed at anything as a parent, it's that Emma, Jack & Will have been moved in this direction and that their love for our Father would be their own.
Sitting down at breakfast recently, Roy & I began to eat. Quickly Jack started saying, "Amy, Noah, Amy, Daddy, Sissy, Amy..." We realized in that instant was Jack was praying before he began to eat, thanking God for his special people.
This weekend, we had the pleasure of returning to my childhood church. It was surreal to have Emma meet and shake hands with the same woman who taught me in Sunday School when I was Emma's age. She didn't seem to understand how fantastic the moment was, but it didn't pass me by. When Emma's aunt retrieved her from the small group class at the church that morning, the teacher was impressed at Emma's knowledge of the Bible & it's stories. Once again- Don't blink... My chest fills and puffs out. I am completely and totally proud of these moments!
As each of the blessings grow, may it be that there is never a time that they look back upon and don't know how much, how indescribably great is His love for us, for each of them. The greatest compliment I could ever receive as a parent is that my children know & share their Heavenly Father's love, and that wherever life may lead them, they serve Him wholeheartedly.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Pride- A good kind
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment