I find that most of my blogs, besides Emma's priceless Eminisms have been about Jack. He is at the age where everything he does is so crazy and every move he makes is so aimless and active, that I find a story in everything he does. Above all, I journal this for him. I can look back and remember each crazy story & try to cling onto them for as long as possible.
Amy & I have been involved with a wonderful, highly recommended Bible Study. One day last week, Will wasn't feeling well. Even though it was our Bible Study day, I needed to take Will to the doctor and Amy graciously offered to come over and watch my two other blessings.
Upon returning home from the doctor, we decided to browse through our weekly material together, since we didn't get a chance to meet with our group. Every question seemed like it was interrupted by one of the blessings. But finally! The blessings were quiet & content. Emma was coloring her Bible Study page and Jack & Noah had retreated to the play room and shut the door. So we thought...
It was much too quiet for much too long. (How many other ways can this be phrased?- The calm before the storm. The quiet moment between the thunder & lightening. The silence before the bomb hits...)
We decided that a check should be made on the youngest of the blessings. I got up to find the play room door closed, indeed, but the front door wide open! The boys had gone rogue!
Instead of remaining calm and collected when crisis hits, I did exactly what any mom strives not to do. I screamed! AMY! THEY ARE GOOONNNNE! I sprinted outside to find the two escaped convicts several houses down the street, trying to now break into a car for their getaway. As soon as one recognized that I was within close proximity, he ran with the other monkey close in tow.
(Now I am very proud to say that I ran down the street! And I caught up with the two! And I didn't pee my pants!)
The two boys are best of friends, which I think is absolutely wonderful. Jack loves his "No-No" and will do whatever Noah does, fight over whatever Noah wants, follow Noah wherever he goes and vice versa. It is such a joy and pleasure to watch Jack with his best friend, even though they tend to create more of a destructive epicenter together than alone.
God has blessed Roy and me having a priceless friendship with Noah's parents, and now Jack & Emma with another sweet tornado- Noah.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Tornado See, Tornado Do?
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment