In the dark, I rock sick Will, as he wheezes and coughs on my shoulder. I am able to sing to him about my God's Amazing Grace. My heart swells.
Emma's footsteps thud toward my rocker from down the hall. I can't see you. She finds me and places her head on my shoulder and hums along. My heart swells.
Jack calls for Mom-mee grow louder. He is carried by Roy and says Ni-Ni Mom-mee through the sides of his pacifier. He leans over and places a wet kiss on my mouth. He head butts Will before clinging again to Roy. My heart swells.
I am left alone, to sing to Will, as Emma has left to sing a made up lullaby to Cooper. She leaves Cooper slowly, climbs up into our bed, and turns her song to our Lord, as she praises Him singing Hallelujah. My heart spills over.
It's quiet now. Will calm in his bassinet. Jack quiet in his room. Emma and Roy reading books in her bed. I check in on Emma and watch her laugh with her tongue between her teeth as Roy "throws the lion" out of her room. I ponder these small passing moments that make wearing dirty nursing bras and third day hair so worth it...
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Evening
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Read your blog entry, friend...any my heart swelled.
Post a Comment