This weekend, Roy converted Jack's crib into a toddler bed. Roy, Emma & Jack had a great time putting it all together using all the tools. Bedtime that night was a success!
But yesterday's nap time, as well as today's were really tough. Ok, excruciatingly tough! When it was time to leave Jack in his bed, he just melted down.
Even though we've been through this before, but I have no recollection of how we handled Emma's transition. Jack keeps saying, Aaa-done, Mommeee. Aaa-done!, while he bangs on his bedroom door and attempts to pull out his buzzed hair.
So, twice now I have laid in his miniature bed, feeling quite like Goldilocks in a bed that's not just right at all. While I lay next to him, he puts his pacifier in his sweet mouth, puts his hand to his hair to calm himself, and calms knowing I am right next to him.
It was quite a moment, considering I have never really taken the time in his small life to sleep next to my prince. So once again I am reminded to throw the books and good reason out the dirty window, cuddle up to this blessing, and savor the moment where my son & I can actually lay next to one another comfortably in this small toddler bed.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Growing Pains
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment