
There are things that I said I would never do in parenting. For example, when I found out Emma was going to be an Emma, I agreed never to dress her in pink, in bows, in fruu-fruu. I voiced quite willingly how bad sugar is for my kids. Emma would never taste it until she was at least two! I would never use the television as a babysitter while I attended to the chores or dozed on the couch. But as soon as the little girl came into this world, she was our pink sassy sweet-toothed princess who loved her Baby Einstein movies!
I have discovered as Emma has aged, she has developed a flair for the dramatic. When she falls she can scream to make your blood curdle. She can't function properly in the morning until she has had at lease one cup of her chocolate milk. She must feel and look like a princess and any less is unfathomable! And she can pout like a superstar!
At rest time today, Emma moaned about her pinky toe. Apparently it was stubbed on our outing today and must have been in shock until quiet time. Examining the small stub, I discovered nothing more than a sweet undamaged morsel. But still Emma moaned. So I once again resorted to resolve the situation outside my usual parenting tactics. I gave her medicine. Actually, a placebo. I dosed her early with her fluoride and told her it was going to make her feel better.
Emma's damaged toe has now been fully restored. And I must go now to take a short nap, while Emma is entertained with a quiet movie...
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Never Say 'Never'
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment