We are driving to Disneyland Sunday night. Roy & I can barely contain our excitement. The kids are trying to guess our destination, still with no clue what lies ahead. We reach Disneyland Drive. Emma spells out the street name & tries to sound it out. We pull into the park. Emma finally realizes where we are. I become so emotional, excited at her excitement, I could cry. This emotion makes me feel so silly, almost embarrassed but I realize how much I am in love with my kids. Emma is short for words. She keeps saying Dang-it! over and over again. She also comments that we didn't have to drive very long to get to Disneyland. I love how a child thinks. Once again, has she forgotten our 10 hours of being in the car the day before?
The kids beg for lollipops immediately when we enter the park. Jack nurses his the entire evening. His face, his hands, parts of his hair glisten in the light from the candied sugar. We have to ride Dumbo first, of course. Jack insists they are airplanes and not elephants. Will giggles in glee his entire first ride.
The greatest thing about this time together is thoroughly enjoying each other's company. I love our kids excitement. I love talking Emma into a new thrilling ride & watching her anxiousness & excitement during it. It's so fun watching Jack stare in awe at Mickey Mouse or watch Will memorized by the lights...
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Excitement
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh man! This brings back so many amazing memories. I will never forget my very first trip to Disney. I think I was six and I felt like I was the most special, important person on earth. I literally thought it was where Mickey, Minnie and all those princesses lived. SO funny!
I'm glad you guys had fun... can't wait to see pix.
Post a Comment