So this week, it's that time of year again. It's the time of year our family looks forward to all year- Vacation Bible School. We have witnessed and been part of so many great things that our God has done over the past 6 years with every VBS. This year has been no disappointment...
Our new church is a recently merged church- actually it's first Sunday as a new church was the Sunday immediately after the birth of our son, Will. So as this new church matures, we can measured it's growth against Will's development. Will is crawling now- scooting very quickly. This milestone is very necessary for his physical development. Like Will's crawling, Vacation Bible School has come at the right time. It has united these two different churches even more so, uniting us for the common purpose of reaching out to our community & pointing the families to Him who saves us all.
This week I was reminded that God wants to spend time with me. Sunday evening, I really felt as though I should set the alarm for five in the morning. I didn't. God longed to spend moments of this busy week alone with His daughter. Cooper was the outlet... Cooper, who usually snoozes until 7 or 8, cried desperately to get up at 5! I reluctantly left my slumber, though I was able to ponder & read the Bible by myself and tell my Lord my concerns for the day. What a rejuvenating treat...
This week I was reminded that my God takes care of my mental needs. The story for the first day was about Moses & the Israelites crossing the Red Sea. I learned while leaving Egypt, the Israelites could have traveled a shorter way, through the Philistine campground, but He knew they weren't mentally ready for battle. I had pleaded with my Lord most of the night to bring kids, but no more than 30! We had 24 in attendance. He certainly got us through Monday.
This week I was reminded that my God amazes me. From our story on Tuesday, I was reminded that the shepherds were amazed at what they had seen when they had found Jesus, God's Son, newly born to Joseph & Mary. We come from a church of nearly 9 children in our Sunday Morning Small Group classes. By Tuesday, we had 88 children in attendance!
Lastly, the most important lesson that I need to daily be reminded is that I am replaceable. On Tuesday night, I came down with strep throat. I hesitantly called our Pastor's wife to tell her I wasn't coming. Many stepped forward (including my mom, the hero, the brave) to take over our Preschool class that totaled at least 30 children!!!
God continues to amaze me just getting me through my days of raising my sweet blessings, but being able to also witness this Vacation Bible School was a treat- where many children learned about & accept our Saviour! Emma rode her scooter around the home singing from our VBS- I know my God is real... Priceless!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
What I learned at VBS...
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I sit on the eve of our VBS excited to hear what God did during yours. Reading your insights as got me pumped! I can't wait for tomorrow... The music, the Bible Stories, the Crafts, the Games, the Children. It is all such a blessing to be a part of!
Angela Stevens
Post a Comment