We are laying in bed and I am tearful. She asks about our "friend." We have learned about her by way of the internet. I have to tell Emma that our friend has gone to be with Jesus in heaven. Emma is awestruck. I tell her that earlier today, she looked like Jesus in her heart. Again, Emma is speechless- she thinks by my words mean that she has received her salvation. Now she is scared. Still too young, she thinks that as soon as she receives her Jesus' salvation, she will go to be with Him. I kiss her forehead and reassure her.
Early in the day, Emma is ready. She is anticipating what she has waited nearly a year for. She is eagerly waiting for her brothers to wake from their naps. She is ready to give her hair away. Almost a year ago, we sat together at the computer and researched. We looked at pictures of young girls without hair, we looked at young girls affected by this terrible cancer. And she wants to help.
On the way home, she is insistent to call one of her dear friends:
I cut my hair for a little girl who doesn't have any...
Yes, I did!
When you see me, you won't know me...
Want to tell your mom?
10 comments:
emma should be an example for us all! she looks so beautiful!!!
love,
auntie
Ohh she looks Beautiful...she has such a loving heart!! What a blessing she is!! It doesn't matter what age we can all bless others in some way what a perfect example!
Gorgeous inside and out!!
Oh Heather, that is SO sweet! I love Emma even more for that....what a selfless thing for such a little girl to do. And her new look is absolutely beautiful!!
What a gift you've given, Emma! I love your new hair cut and love that you've put others first and are learning to love as Jesus loves us! What beautiful music it is to His ears!
Oh sweet Emma, how I love you so!! I am so proud of you and what you have done for another child. I can't wait to give you a big hug in a couple of weeks! Your hair looks adorable too!
Love, Michelle
You and Roy are raising a beautiful daughter from the inside out.
Emma you are beautiful inside and out!
Love,
Sylvina and family
So beautiful!
gorgeous!! I love her new cut, and what a sweet girl!
Post a Comment