Friday, February 13, 2009

My Gem



Emma,

I still cannot believe how much we packed into our day. Just the morning alone made up for a week's worth of activities! Jack had his gymnastics class, while you went to the Lego Engineering class. Gymnastics seemed so weird without you there. I kept looking over at your class expecting to see you catch my eyes. Jack was really hyper there today, his only motivation to finish the class was a lollipop he got from Luke for Valentine's.

After class, I dropped Jack off with Papa. In between preparing the Valentine's gifts for our party and preparing to leave to pick you up, I noticed that Brendal had pooped on the ground! Jack was worried at my tone- he was so close to stepping in it, he drug his feet through it! YUK!!! Then, after cleaning it, I walked through Brendal's pee. What an escapade just leaving to pick you up turned out to be. While I was driving, I called Michelle. I looked down at my hand and noticed Brendal's poop all over my hand! It was so gross, Emma! You would have been so grossed out! I screamed into Michelle's ear; I couldn't wipe my hands enough to get them clean.

Going to McDonald's was so rushed, but you and Jack were troopers so we could get to our Valentine's party on time. Jack and you were so excited! I can't believe how many times Jack went up and down that slide. There were so many kids; you had such a fun time. You enjoy yourself with your friends and your brothers. But it was there that I again saw what a precious gem you are. As we were leaving for the party room, you saw Noah running without Amy down the hall. You immediately went for him. And Talia needed her shoes on. You helped without being asked.

When we were swarming in the party room, the children buzzed all around us. The energy was so intense. I couldn't find Jack and another spotted him in front of the goodies. You left my side to help Jack get a cupcake, some other treats and seat him at the table with his friends. Then, you went to go stand back in line. I found you later here, as you were standing in line, looking at the empty plate where the cupcakes used to be. The room stopped. I could neither hear nor see anything but the look of disappointment that washed over your face. It was then, my heart broke. You wanted a cupcake so bad! I promised one later. And then, you moved on. I realize right now as I am writing this to you, my Daughter, my Love, that my heart will break over and over for you. You have amazed me many more times beyond this moment, but this is the one I will cement for you today. What a priveledge I have, that our Creator, has blessed me with. What an honor I have to call you my Daughter. You have a heart of gold, my Princess. You shine with compassion for others. You have made me proud.

I love you to the moon and back.

Mom

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Your daughter is precious. What a gift you are giving her.

Maritez said...

Yay! You DID post on that selfless sweetness she shared today :) What a precious memory to have of her. She is such a sweet little one...hearing her giggle so loud tonight was so much fun!

The Shafer's said...

This was beautiful Heather..Emma is precious and you are doing an amazing job! God Bless You!

wedogmomma said...

You are such a proud momma, and rightfully so! By the grace of God the light of Emma's heart could fill up a room!
She is a blessing in her thoughtfulness and her kindness!

We're grateful to call her a friend :D

Anonymous said...

oh, she will cherish this when she is older!!!! what a gift to her, and what a gift she is to you! we miss you guys lots!

Michelle said...

It has been such a long time since I have read your blog. First, I just have to say I just love her! Second, friend, you can scream in my ear anytime! ;)I can't wait for you both to visit!! Love you all!!