Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Wedding

Jack is drunk on Diet Coke. He pulls his face as close as it can get to mine, and slurs his words, mumbling something about his Nana. He continues on, leaving my face, making ape-like movements and getting closer and closer to his new found playmate. The children are excited! They are in the midst of the wedding celebration that will reach us quickly tomorrow. They cannot contain their contagious joy.

It's only one o'clock, and Emma begs to wear her flower girl dress. She finally agrees to wait, and immediately gets to work. She helps Nana with the flowers, the bride's mother with the tables, and then she has disappeared. As soon as Amy has arrived, she has gone to be in her proximity. She has found her celebrity.

Emma can't stop spinning. It makes the bottom of her dress look like a lasso. She is on the stage of the Auditorium calling to the boys to dance with her. Later, she dances next to the speakers with her friends, then with her Nathan.

At the reception, Jack continues to search for Amy, enamored by her beauty. When he finally has his princess in his presence, he is insistent on stealing a kiss. Amy graciously leans downs. Jack stretches up his chin and plants one on her lips.
The day after, we are wrestling in our pajamas. Jack's laughter makes me laugh. I beg him to marry me and he immediately declines. Why? I insist. I am going to marry 'Net Amy he responds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post (and here I must say I enjoy all your writings because they are thoughtful & beautiful). I'm still on kind of a wedding high & this one gives me a glimpse of the celebration through the eyes of another.

Amy said...

I love this. You really created mental snap shots of the day. Like those candid pictures we all like so much.

Maritez said...

That picture of Emma dancing is priceless. Sounds like it was not only tons of fun, but SO memorable for all involved :D

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like the kids had so much fun at the wedding!!! Super cute pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun day. Sweet, sweet Jack. And beautiful Emma.

Thanks for helping us celebrate. Love you guys very much.

Stef said...

I love that picture of Emma and Nathan. So cute!