You entered our lives five years ago & we found out too quickly there was no owner's manual. You have survived our shortcomings & rejoiced in our accomplishments as parents (and you cling to dad & me, regardless!). Until, you were born, we didn't start to grasp the love our Father has for His children. Dad & I will do anything for you... And I stand in awe of you, Jesus sung through my head continuously, days, weeks, after your arrival.
The color of your hair matches your eyes almost perfectly. It's stunning, beautiful, exotic. You are all girl, yet not girly at all. You are tough, brave, & love blood (just not your own). You are clumsy & filled with gas, and that makes you proud. You are goofy, a joker, and very verbal. You are compassionate, a fighter, a lover. You delight in others' successes and go to battle for your causes. You will wear a sundress as you fight the 'bad guys' with your pirate sword. You can ride your bike for miles in the heat, still looking beautiful in your carefully selected garb. Your love for elephants is so great, you have collected perhaps every elephant collectible there is available...
What amazes me most of all is your tender love for our God, as well as your excitement and love for your family. Your prayers are constantly filled with thanksgiving. Our prayers bring you peace & comfort.
You have your Daddy's coloring, but my eyes. And every now & then, the reaction that fills your face reveals my Grandmother, I nearly get weepy.
I want nothing short of complete success for you. I want whoever who is blessed to come into contact with you, to know how absolutely special you are. You are a NICE girl- one of a kind.
Jump high on that trampoline. Master your cartwheel. Become an avid cyclist. Slay dragons & fight pirates. Sleep in the grandest of grand castles.
My desire for you, sweet Princess, is that you will know my Lord, your Creator at a young age. That He would be your true Prince Charming. Follow where He will lead you. Further His Kingdom.
So continue to grow, though you may experience pain. Laugh until you cry. Befriend & continue to share your sweet Jesus with others. I love you beyond words or expressions.
Friday, August 1, 2008
My daugher of five...
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 12:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Sweet Emma, how you have grown! We love you princess and wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I am so blessed when I read your journaling! God is definitely in the details, and your observations of those details remind me that we never lack evidence of His great love.
Post a Comment