My February 12, 2008
So, I have finally decided to do it. A "YES" day... Inspired by a beautiful poem, I have created what seems to be one of the easiest fun-loving days of parenting in the four some years I have been attempting to raise these little blessings.
12 May 1996
"Yes, we can loll here for six more chapters, before- yes, waffles, yes you can stay naked all day or until you think you need clothes, yes to butter on the video popcorn today and me beside you for not just the scary parts, then yes to a rain-walk, yes, even to the culvert rushing water and the long way home, yes to candles with dinner, yes to no lettuce, yes, I'll save the opera and switch to jazz, yes- a bath bead?- take two, and yes I will sing the song, yes, just this once, three times."
-Ellen Dore Watson
So, four rules to my "YES" day:
1. No to destruction
2. No to hurt
3. No to being mean
4. No to spending money
Whatever else my little blessings disguised as fireworks want, is YES. So, now I end my day, with my face painted with Emma's bright makeup, with Jack running in the yard naked. Yes to swimming in February. Yes to making ump-teen cookies. Yes to licking the batter. Yes to no homework. Yes to a memorable day... YES YES YES
Sunday, February 24, 2008
A Yes Day
Posted by The Jerrolds Family at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very fun idea, to having a YES DAY.
LOVE the new blog, Heady! I'm so glad you're doing this. You'll get even more addicted as you go on. :)
See you Wednesday!
Post a Comment