Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beautiful

She thinks she is the most beautiful girl in the entire world, and I have to agree. Emma is standing in front of the mirror doting upon herself. She has covered in eyes in blue shadow, her lips glossy & pink. I have seen this look several times. Emma is proud & pleasing and she knows it.

Jack sits on the counter next to his charming sister, as he admires himself in the mirror. He waits patiently as I sculpt his faux hawk. He looks in admiration at his reflection.

My children are able to sing the words to Jesus Loves Me and sing the entire song wholeheartedly. Emma really believes that her God has made her the most beautiful princess. Jack watches her actions and in response, he thinks very highly of himself. I am in awe at their ability to love themselves.

When, in our years of growing, do we stop believing how special the Creator formed us? As Emma, Jack & Will mature, Roy & I will be committed to forming our blessings into respectable little beings, while pointing them to Christ, but also, continuing to reinforce to each how truly beautiful & unique God has created them.

7 comments:

Stef said...

I cannot get over how cute these pictures are! Your kids are so beautiful.
I know what you mean though. I often have to stop myself from making comments about "my ugly body" or features on me that I don't like. I once had someone tell me that you should never focus on the outside because God was only concerned with the inside... but I think I disagree. I think we're each created the way we are for a purpose only God knows. But each of His own are beautifully and wonderfully made. I'm with you... I love watching my kids adore themselves. Seriously. I do. I love telling them "didn't God make such an amazing creature when He made you?!" and they smile, with such pride. :-D

wedogmomma said...

You made me smile!
I always said we'd emphasize..."Who GAVE you those beautiful eyes?.....or....Did Jesus give you a kind heart?"
Instead of the externals...but darn if it's not distracting to admire the physical uniqueness of our kids!
Thank God for parents who are willing to mold both their hearts...AND their hairdos!
That is the ultimate testiment of Love...concern for their souls as well....Praise God!

Andrea said...

Your blog is so well written. It is a joy to read. And, it is also thought provoking too. Thanks for sharing your thought and ponderings.

Anonymous said...

they are beautiful!! and very lovable....

love you all lots,

auntie

Amy said...

This s a wonderful blog. I love how you take an experience and not only describe it, but also lend insight into your own reflections; you truly freeze a moment in time. Thank you for your creativity. Your children are indeed beautiful inside and out.

Maritez said...

I LOVE this post! Your kids are beautiful! Hope you had a great night ringing in the New Year...looking forward to more beautiful moments with family & friends like you in 2009 :D

Anonymous said...

So, so sweet! They are, of course, gorgeous little ones!!! I love how little girls love to admire themselves in the mirror, it is so sweet!