Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bad Bug

So it's called a Super Bug, but I am not impressed at all by this title. I would like MRSA to now be called a Bad Bug and maybe do some time on my "Naughty X" so it will learn it's lesson.

Both Jack and I have fought this nasty bacterial infection since he was an infant. I wish there was someone or something to be angry with, but there isn't. Just a sign of our times, with all of our overuse of antibiotic medicines, soaps, purified meats & produce. And our Jack suffers.

Jack's bottom carries a boil. He leans to the side when he sits and says "Ow" in his ever so brave voice, whenever he sits down too hard. So this week we start the bleach water baths, where Jack is banished from the family baths, like a leper living outside his community. Everyone in the Jerrolds household is being swabbed up their noses (oh, fun!) to prevent colonization. And last night Roy & I held our sweet warrior down as we squeezed & poked at his spot to drain any yuck from the area, Jack yelling Aa-done Momm-mee! Aa-done!

Thankfully, through this process, the Bad Bug has taught my children compassion. Emma now prays for and thanks God for Jack's bottom... I am thoroughly impressed with Jack's sweet and tender heart despite his painful back side. And I am very grateful for Jack's pediatrician, who educates and answers this tired mother's relentless questions.

Regardless, I would still like that microscopic destroyer to do it's time on the X!

0 comments: